Someone who starts a new fashion, style, etc., or helps to make it popular.
Today's post is all about that famous, or infamous, polish that tried its hardest to start something earth-shatteringly fashion-forward but instead ended up being scorned as the ugliest polish most people had ever seen. Yes...China Glaze Trendsetter!
|China Glaze Trendsetter
Funny story about this polish. My sister and I were in Ulta when she spotted this. I said, "This polish is famous for being so unattractive." Well, that's all it took for my rebellious sis. She bought it. I saw her the next day wearing Trendsetter, and she confessed, "When I swiped it across my thumb, I literally gagged."
It's different. The color is probably best described as dijon mustard with a hint of green...but it really does have a lovely, glowing shimmer. It has a peculiar charm.
|Now that's something you don't see every day.
Some people near and dear to our hearts have famously said that they would never own Trendsetter. :) But come on now...let's not be too quick to judge. Why don't we do a pros and cons list of Trendsetter? Yes, let's!!
1. It's unique. You won't see yourself coming and going whilst wearing Trendsetter.
2. It has honestly got one of the best formulas I've ever experienced with a polish. Very, very smooth.
3. It's easy to coordinate...it's the same exact color as the 4-day old bruise on my leg.
1. You may risk being shunned by all your non-trendy friends.
2. It WILL remind you of rotting Granny Smith apples.
3. It's the same exact color as the 4-day old bruise on my leg.
|Now, you HAVE to admit this is more elegant than you thought possible!
So...what will it be? Yea, or nay? I'll be the first to admit it isn't for everybody. Well, for most people. But I was pleasantly surprised overall...it's by no means the worst polish I've ever worn. And I don't object to wearing this when it suits my clothing.
I'll leave you with this thought: Today I was having a conversation with a very well-dressed person, who, in mid-paragraph, looked at my nails and complimented the color. So...you just never know! :)
Will you give Trendsetter a chance? I hope you have a lovely evening!! :)