Hey everybody! I hope you're doing well this week. Well, as the title of this post suggests, I've finally acquired my very first A-England polish. After months of going back and forth about which one I wanted as my inaugural A England experience, I chose the one I had a feeling it would be all along...Briar Rose, from the Burne-Jones Dream collection.
I'm not going to repeat what you've read about this polish a hundred times already...about how striking it is, how strong and dense the scattered holo effect is, how easy it is to apply. Nah, I'm not going to bore you with all that. :) Instead, I'll tell you about the other things I like!
First off, I adore Pre-Raphaelite art. I've always related to those sad-eyed, juicy-bodied maids of old. My 1998 (back when all you guys were about 3) calendar was an Edward Burne-Jones calendar that contained one of the paintings from whence came this collection's inspiration, The Rose Bower.
Other reasons I love this polish, in no particular order:
1. I love Sleeping Beauty...well, particularly Maleficent, but Aurora was pretty nice too.
2. You can't make a mistake with this! Very helpful for somebody so clumsy that she just smashed her elbow whilst putting clothes in the dryer.
3. It's that color that sucks me in every time...a metallic, slightly wine rose.
4. A-England is just a cool brand. I mean, I love the Camelot legends, AND I have John William Waterhouse's The Lady of Shallot over my bed (you'll see that one on my wish list)!??!!
5. The best reason of all: this polish looks dusty. Like it's literally covered in dust. Magic dust. It gives it such an antiquated feel. It makes you want to break out the heirloom jewelry...
...or at least the 10-year old jewelry that was designed to look antiquated. :P
So my first experience with A-England was a marvelous one. The legends are true.
Thanks for stopping by, and have a lovely day! <3